Wall Wraps & Murals
What do your walls look like?
We love wall wraps! Commercial wall wraps, also known as wall graphics or wall murals, are large-scale vinyl graphics that are applied to the exterior or interior walls of a building. These wraps can be used to enhance the visual appeal of a building, promote a business, or provide wayfinding information. In this article, we’ll discuss the process of applying commercial wall wraps, the pros and cons of using this type of signage, and the benefits of using wall wraps for commercial applications.
Why Wall Wraps & Murals
Certainly, commercial wall wraps offer a number of benefits for businesses. Some of the main benefits of wall wraps and murals include:
- Cost-effectiveness: Wall wraps are a cost-effective way to enhance the visual appeal of a building. They are often less expensive than traditional forms of signage, such as painted murals or building-mounted signs. Additionally, because they are durable and long-lasting, they do not need to be replaced as often as other types of signs.
- Customizability: Wall wraps are highly customizable and can be designed to fit any space or surface. They can be used to create a unique and memorable brand identity for a business, or to add color and interest to a dull or drab building.
- Durability: The vinyl material used to create wall wraps is resistant to fading, peeling, and other forms of damage. This makes them a long-lasting option for businesses, which means that businesses won’t have to replace them as often as other types of signs.
- Advertising: Wall wraps can be used as an advertising tool, they can be used to promote a business, product or service by catching the attention of passing by people. This can be especially beneficial for businesses located in areas with high traffic flow.
- Wayfinding: Wall wraps can be used to provide wayfinding information, they can be used to direct visitors to specific areas within a building or to provide information about parking, restrooms, and other amenities. This can help visitors navigate a large commercial development and find what they are looking for more easily.
- Branding: Wall wraps can be used as part of a branding strategy, they can be used to create a cohesive visual identity for a business or development. This can help to establish a strong and recognizable image for a business, which can be beneficial for building brand recognition and attracting customers.
- Versatility: Wall wraps can be applied to both the exterior and interior walls, this gives businesses the opportunity to use them in different ways. Exterior wall wraps can be used to attract the attention of passing traffic, while interior wall wraps can be used to create a visually appealing environment that welcomes visitors and customers.
How to Do Wall Wraps
The process of applying commercial wall wraps involves several steps. First, a detailed measurement of the wall surface is taken to ensure that the wrap will fit properly. Next, a high-resolution digital image of the design is printed on a large format printer using special vinyl media. The vinyl graphic is then laminated to protect it from UV rays and other environmental factors. Finally, the graphic is cut to size and applied to the wall surface using a process called “dry mounting.” This process may involve heating the vinyl to activate the adhesive, allowing it to be applied to the wall without the use of water or other liquids.
One of the main benefits of using commercial wall wraps is that they are a cost-effective way to enhance the visual appeal of a building. These wraps can be used to create a unique and memorable brand identity for a business, or to add color and interest to a dull or drab building. Wall wraps are also highly customizable, and can be designed to fit any space or surface.
Another benefit of commercial wall wraps is that they are durable and long-lasting. The vinyl material used to create these wraps is resistant to fading, peeling, and other forms of damage. This makes them a cost-effective option for businesses, as they do not need to be replaced as often as other types of signs.
There are also some cons to consider when using commercial wall wraps. One of the main disadvantages is that the installation process can be difficult and requires specialized equipment and expertise. This can make it difficult for businesses to install wall wraps on their own, and may require the use of a professional installer. Additionally, wall wraps can be difficult to remove once they have been applied, which can be a problem if a business wants to change the design or update the wrap in the future.
To install commercial wall wrap, you will need the following equipment:
- Measuring tape or laser measuring tool
- Utility knife
- Heat gun
- Someone to assist
Before starting the installation, make sure that the wall surface is clean and free of debris. Measure the dimensions of the wall, and cut the wrap to size using a utility knife. Apply the wrap to the wall using a squeegee, making sure that there are no bubbles or wrinkles in the material. Although not normally needed, a hear gun can be used to help iron out any wrinkles or to help the vinyl adhere to the wall and to keep the wall wrap firmly in place.
Wall wraps and murals are a highly effective and versatile type of signage that offer many benefits for businesses. They are cost-effective, customizable, durable, and can greatly enhance the visual appeal of a building. With the right design and installation, commercial wall wraps can be a powerful tool for promoting a business and enhance the overall look of a building!